Friday, February 29, 2008

Somewhere Nowhere, BSD

If i asked by someone about my hometown, i really REALLY don’t know how to explain it. Part of it, maybe because i spend so little time in my parent’s hometown, and I think hometown is some place that I kind of ‘belong to’, so my parent’s hometown is not mine. Another part is because the hometown that I think I belong to, BSD, is kind of unfamous. Believe me.

I even get usual to describe it before they ask for more. This is one example of my conversation with my lecturer when we first met.

Lecturer : “Adiajeng Warastuti?”

Me : “Yes, sir”

Lecturer : “What school do you come from?”

Me ; “Santa Ursula, sir”

Lecturer : “oh, the one that only have female student, right?”

Me ; “No, sir. I was in Santa Ursula BSD.”

Lecturer : “BSD..”

Me : “Well, it is the one that has Ocean Park.”

Lecturer : “oh, I know Ocean Park, I ever watched it in Trans TV”

See what I mean?

Actually BSD is not just about the-wellknown-Ocean Park. Maybe you could called it more like a home complex than a city. But, like all those city, it has all the facility you need for living. It consist of houses, mallS, swimming pool, minimart, school, university, church, city’s garden, restaurant, and so much more.

But for me, the most important thing in this place is not about its facility. It is about my home, family, friends, school, childhood, memories. BSD is the place where I grow up. It save all of my memory since I was still cry for a cone of ice cream til i cry for a boy. Since my mom mad at me cause I haven’t had enough sleep (somehow back then I always have too much energy) til she mad cause I have too much sleep. Since I yelled to my brother how I hate him so til I cried to my brother begging him not to go anywhere (anyway He still go to his college in Singapore).

So whenever I go back to BSD, and see its malls, its houses, its street, its trees, I know for sure that I was seeing my ‘home’. The place that I kind of ‘belong to’.

No comments: